Monday, January 5, 2009

Snow in Brussels


This morning when I looked outside my window, I saw that it had snowed during the night. It was beautiful but since it was dark, I couldn't take a picture, I wish I had. It has snowed on and off all day but now it is not so fresh as it was early in the morning. As I was walking to the Metro, there was only one other set of foot prints... it actually gave me the creeps thinking that nobody else was around! LOL - anyway, I came home and decided to take a couple of pictures from windows on both sides of our apartment. One is a view of the side where the grocery store is - not a very interesting picture but it is not every day that I see all that snow. The other picture is a view of the city as far as downtown. Of course, you can't see much but you see that big bubble-looking white mark on the picture (it is a snow flake), well, it is right on top of the dome of the Justice Palace (Palais de Justice de Bruxelles - Justitiepaleis van Brussel ... have to get in tune with the locals and put everything in French and Dutch!).

No comments: