Sunday, December 26, 2010

A review of 2010

It seems fitting that I should start posting again a year later since my last post I placed would be Christmas in Baghdad 2009! I guess I will give a synopsis of what happened this year. 2010 was gone in a flash. It didn't seem so as we were going through it but now that it is the end of it, it all seems a blur. January found us in Baghdad, Iraq.
These are arial pictures as we were coming into Baghdad on a helo. The only place one I know for sure is the second picture - it is the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. There seems to be such a monument everywhere around the world. This one is huge. It has a Museum underneath but when we visited it, we were not able to go inside, it was all locked up.

We had a few BBQs throughout the year. We celebrated anything and everything. We would buy hamburgers and hot dogs at the PX or simply go to the chow-hall and get some meats (prime rib on Sundays was the best!). Some people were picky and brought pizza... from Pizza Hut. Yes, yes, we had two places we could eat at aside from the chow hall, Pizza Hut and Subway (didn't like either - can't win!). This BBQ sure looks great! I wish I had that right now!
In the middle of it all, we were able to go home to TX a few times. We saw our family more times during 2010 than in the past 5 years! We loved this chance! We left Baghdad and travelled via Amman, Jordan; Frankfurt, Germany and landed safe and sound in Dallas, TX. One of our favorite places to go was IHOP, here we are all happy and content with Bruce and Pam. We also went to OK to visit my sister and her family. On one of those trips, I even helped paint Jordan's kitchen! It was fun work doing that!
At the end of each visit, it was always sad to say good bye. Leaving the boys was hard but it was even harder to leave Andy, not only then but every time we say good bye!

I wanted to show the whole year on this one post but I guess it is going to take a few posts to go through it. I will do it again tomorrow. Putting pictures in the right place is hard. I guess I will upload the pictures and write around them.

No comments: